Punjab PCS Study Material for Prelim & Mains Exam 2018 | Download Notes, Old Question Papers, Preparation Tips
As you know that, Punjab Public Service Commission has announced the biggest exam notice of Provincial Civil Service (PCS). A huge number of candidates were waiting for this notification from past few years. This notification made smile on their faces. Now, those applicants who had filled the Punjab PCS application form or going to fill it, they may be looking for the Punjab PCS Exam 2018 Study Material as well as notes. They can download their exam notes as well as complete study material from here. As you know, that this exam is going to recruit Punjab Civil Services (Executive Branch), Deputy Superdent of Police, Tehsildar, Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Officer, Block Development & Panchayat Officer, Labour & Conciliation Officer, Employment Generation & Training Officer, Deputy Superintendent of Jails / District Probation Officer (Grade-II). Further all details and study material is given below.
Punjab PCS Exam 2018 Study Material | Tips and Tricks to Crack PCS Exam
Complete Study Material for PPSC PCS 2018
How to Prepare for Punjab PCS Prelim Exam 2018 | Punjab PCS Study Material
Before proceeding further, let us check the exam pattern as well as the syllabus of Punjab PCS Exam 2018. The PPSC PCS Prelim exam will be divided into two sections General Studies and CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test). Each section will carry 200 marks. There will be 180 questions asked in the exam. 100 questions will be from General Studies and 80 questions will be asked from CSAT. For more details, you can refer tables below.
Exam Pattern for Punjab PCS Preliminary Exam 2018:
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Total time allotted|
|I||General Studies||100||200||2 Hrs.|
|II||Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hrs.|
Exam Pattern for Punjab PCS Mains Exam 2018:
|I||Punjabi (in Gurumukhi Script) Compulsory (of 10+2|
|II||English Compulsory (of 10+2 standard)||100|
|III||Essay (Three Essays of 50 marks each)||150|
|IV||General Studies Paper- I (History, Geography, Society)||250|
|V||General Studies Paper- II (Indian Constitutions & Polity, Governance, and International Relation)||250|
|VI||General Studies Paper- III (Economics, Statistics, & Security issues)||250|
|VII||General Studies Paper- IV (Science & Technology, Environment, Problem-solving & Decision making)||250|
Strategy and Suggestions to Prepare for Punjab PCS Prelim Exam 2018?
- Strong on basic knowledge- Study NCERT, in most of the cases in Punjab prelims questions, are directly come from NCERT.
- Strengthen knowledge regarding Punjab- As you know it’s Punjab PCS then you should be having enough knowledge about your state.
- Follow Syllabus- UPSC and PPSC never goes out of syllabus so stay focus on syllabus
- Newspaper and magazine- You should read the quality newspaper and follow it with CSR, PD, yojna very important for Mains.
- Don’t ignore local newspaper- As you are preparing for state PCS, don’t ever skip regional newspaper they are very much important in the interview
List of books for Prepare for Punjab PCS Prelim Exam 2018 |
Which are the best books for Preparing PCS Exam?
- History- RS Sharma ancient history, Medieval History- Satish Chandra, Modern History- Bipin Chandra, Sumit Sarkar.
- Political science- Laxmikanth is enough
- Geography- Certificate of physical geography by GC Leong, refer Khullar by TMH
- Note- keep in mind that state PCS is having the somewhat similar syllabus with UPSC but it is having less portion so first of all see the syllabus and if you need any help then feel free to message.
Download Punjab PCS Study Material
- History of Modern India – Bipin Chandra
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography by Goen Che Leong.pdf
- Indian Polity M Laxmikanth Vth Edition PDF
- Geography extra issue
- Special Study Kit
- Download Punjab PCS Prelim Combined Ebooks
Buy Paper Books from here
- Political and Eco
|Click here for more jobs & Study Material|